It’s finally my 20th birthday in a couple of days time! I have definitely learned a lot in 2 decades of life, through lots of ups and downs and experiences. So here are 20 things I’ve realised so far and need to keep reminding myself of!
- Things are not always going to turn out as you planned and a lot of the time it can be a positive thing
- You can’t please everyone all of the time, so don’t force it
- You may drift apart from your school friends, but you will make new ones, perhaps even better!
- Step out of your comfort zone and do something you wouldn’t normally do. You might thank yourself for it!
- Don’t make judgements about new people until you have really got to know them. They may surprise you!
- It’s okay not to be perfect all of the time
- Start saying yes to more opportunities – you never know where they could lead!
- Life is too short to be doing something you don’t want to. Find a new job, enrol on a course, do something else to make yourself happy
- Don’t give up on what you love and what you are good at.
- You don’t always have to follow the crowds. If you don’t want to do something that other people are, you don’t have to do it! There will be other people in the same boat as you.
- It’s okay not to have your life planned out already. Life is a learning curve and you will find something you’re passionate about in time
- Make sure you allocate time to yourself and look after your wellbeing
- Don’t stress over things that are not worth it. A lot of things we often stress over are out of our control or have already happened. Don’t worry about it!
- Try not to over-think things. I have been guilty of this for a long time, but you are probably creating a problem that wasn’t there in the first place!
- Drink lots of water. Lots of it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Treat yourself every once in a while!
- What’s meant to happen will do, just be patient.
- Things aren’t going to change over night. If you want change, work for it!
Lots of love,